Wednesday 21 September 2011

Drawings

I produced my two augmented drawings for the Wednesday.  Out of the two though, the Secondlife builidng conveyed more information as some of it was lost in the augmented drawing.  For the sketched augmented drawing I tried out two different types of paper to draw on.  One i used black paper and a white pencil since the idea surrounding my building was about starting from darkness and allowing light to enter.  And the other I used tracing paper for the idea of penetration of light but I decided to use the one with the black paper as the one to show.  For my three materials I thought of using clay as the flooring as the transition spaces between the colleagues' work spaces were fluid and organic.  I wasn't sure about the development therefore I chose glass as a way to let more light in as well as aluminium but all three materials were very light in colour and after the discussion, it was clear that glass was not needed in order to allow more light to enter the builidng and that there are many other various ways of allowing light in.

My gifting idea is that the building in itself is a gift to the public.  Since it is situated in the middle of a public walkway, I decided that allowing the public to experience the space of the colleagues building would be a gift to the public.

My gifting link I put on the digital carnival page - This is the Massimiliano Fukas Congress Centre in Italy.  http://www.arcspace.com/architects/Fuksas/congress_index.html.  It is an incredible piece of architecture that can be shared with the public as well as the capability to hold a lot of people.  I thought that this link went with my concept of gifting where the building is a gift to the public and is welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment