Monday 26 September 2011

Development 2

Over the weekend I tried many different models and alternatives of how the puzzle pieces could sit together in order to create light as well as sit together.  I also produced a small 1:5 model of what potentially my 1:1 section could be made from.








 I drew a 1:100 scale plan and section in order to see how the public can move through the spaces.




When I think of puzzle pieces I think of wood and plastic so I wanted to use one or the other.  After todays discussion, I am now taking out the clay organic shapes and just leaving it with a pathway.  And I have decided to use both acrylic and wood for the puzzle pieces in which I will make four shapes for the puzzle pieces that tessalate.  The two materials will give a nice contrast since if I only used acrylic even with the puzzle pieces it would still be one skin.  I have overlapped pieces and re-orientated them in order to allow more light in.

I have decided where I want to model my 1:1 section. I wanted to model the entrance and its relationship to the ground so that it could be seen that the building leads up from the steps as if the building is welcoming the public.  So i will need to make a concrete mold for the foundation and I will get my puzzle pieces laser cut to ensure that they are precise when fitting together.

No comments:

Post a Comment